Chili Sand Crab
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 uncooked blue swimmer crabs
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 long red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 spring onions, cut into batons
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (shaohsing) (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis (see notes)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1. Cut each crab into 6, using a cleaver, and make a few cracks in the shell of each piece using the blunt side of the knife.
- 2. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until it starts to smoke. Add onion, chilli, garlic, ginger and spring onion, then stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the crab and toss to combine.
- 3. Add tomato, rice wine, sugar and kecap manis, then toss to combine. Cover and steam for 4 minutes or until crab is cooked.
- 4. Serve immediately topped with kaffir lime leaf and coriander.
Strathpine Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/